CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT:After careful thought and deliberation of our duty in the face of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, and in what we believe is in the best interest of our guests, employees and local communities, Mauna Kea Summit Adventures will suspend operations starting Friday March 20th. Mahalo, for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. Be safe and good luck. -MKSA Management
Since starting this outfit in 1983 with an old Land Cruiser and a basket full of sweaters, my guides and I have had the enviable job of guiding nice folks, like you, to the beauty of Mauna Kea. For us, guiding Mauna Kea isn’t a sideline or the greatest new visitor product. For us, it’s our passion, our responsibility, and our pleasure.
We invite you to experience what is quite possibly the most dramatic and stimulating scenery to be found anywhere, either on or off planet earth. Journey to the top of this spectacular mountain in our 4X4 vans, enjoy a hearty meal, watch the breathtaking sunset and stargaze at the heavens.
E Komo Mai ! (welcome)
Monte “Pat” Wright- Owner/guide
The Highpoints of our tour:
- Professional Guides: As the pioneer guide service on Mauna Kea we have over 50 years of combined experience on the mountain.
- 4X4 Passenger vans: Large windows, coach-style seating,
- Educational and Fun: Learn all about the island’s geography, culture and natural history from our experts.
- Astonishing Scenery: See surrealistic landforms, strange cloudscapes and a panorama of the night sky like no other. Excellent photo opportunities abound!
- Sunset at the Summit: The most dramatic spectacle in Hawaii.
- Stargazing: Learn about the night sky from Polaris to the Southern Cross and see the treasures of the night sky through our powerful telescope.*
- Trip Includes: This 7.5-8.5 hour excursion includes Arctic style parkas with hoods, a hearty and hot supper, gourmet hot beverages and convenient pick-up points.