‘Since starting this outfit in 83’ with an ancient Land Cruiser and a basket full of dusty sweaters, my guides and I have had the enviable job of guiding inquisitive folks, like you, to the beauty of Mauna Kea. For us, guiding Mauna Kea isn’t a sideline, or the greatest new Instagram spot. For us, it’s our passion, our responsibility, and our pleasure.
We invite you to experience what is quite possibly the most dramatic and stimulating scenery to be found anywhere. Journey with us to the top of this spectacular mountain in our 4X4 vans, enjoy a hearty meal, watch the breathtaking sunset and stargaze at the heavens.
E Komo Mai!
M. Pat Wright Founder, Owner and Guide
The Highpoints of our tour:
- Professional Guides: As the pioneer guide service on Mauna Kea we have over 60 years of combined experience on the mountain.
- 4X4 Passenger vans: All Mercedes fleet. Large windows, custom-built coach-style seating where everybody gets a great view and plenty of room.
- Educational and Fun: Learn all about the island’s geography, culture and natural history from our experts. A laugh or three isn’t out of the question
- Astonishing Scenery: See surrealistic landforms, strange cloudscapes and a panorama of the night sky like no other. Excellent photo opportunities abound!
- Sunset at the Summit: The most dramatic spectacle in Hawaii.
- Stargazing: Learn about the night sky from Polaris to the Southern Cross and see the treasures of the night sky through our powerful telescope.*
- Trip Includes: This 7.5-8.5 hour excursion includes Arctic style parkas with hoods, a hearty and hot supper, gourmet hot beverages and convenient pick-up points.