Kona Crossroads Shopping Center
This is a convenient pick-up point for persons staying in the Kailua Kona area. You can enter the Kona Crossroads Shopping Center by approaching from North or South on Henry St. As you enter the parking lot, you will see the Domino’s Pizza and AutoZone store fronts to the righthand (mountainside) of the shopping center, and a Denny’s restaurant on the lefthand (oceanside) of the shopping center. Please park your vehicle on the Lefthand (oceanside) of this shopping center. Look for our parking signs with our company logo. See google pin and photo for reference. Within this shopping center you will find restrooms, picnic tables, and benches, near the AutoZone and Sakura Restaurant.
This PU site serves the following locations and attractions:
- Downtown Kailua Kona hotels (Kona Seaside, King Kamehameha, Holiday Inn) 10 minutes drive
- Alii Drive Hotels (5-15 min. drive)
- Keauhou Hotels including the Sheraton (20-30 mins drive)
- City of Refuge (1:00)
- Magic Sands beach (25 mins.) showers, dressing rooms
- Kahaluu Beach (25 mins.) showers , dressing etc.
- Old Airport Park (10 mins) showers, dressing etc
- South Kohala Coast Hotels including: Marriott Waikoloa (5mins walkable), Hilton Waikoloa (20mins), Mauna Lani Bay (20mins), Fairmont Orchid, Mauna Lani (20mins), Hapuna Prince (25mins), Mauna Kea Beach (25mins), Four Seasons Hualalai (25mins), Kona Village resort (25mins), Bay Club (5 mins) and . All driving times are approximate. We recommend you check out the location prior to pickup.
- Hapuna beach (one of the finest white sands beaches in the world) (20 mins) showers , dressing rooms etc.
- Waipio Valley (60 mins) dressing available at he lookout , showers available at Anaehoomalu Bay with dressing rooms.
- North Kohala (including Kayaking) (1:10) showers available at Hapuna beach, Luncheon in Kawaihai.
Waikōloa Highlands Center @ Lava Java
Please give our reservationist your cell phone number in case we need to call. Places that go well with this pick-up and there direct drive times are:
- Waipio Valley (1:10 mins.)
- Waimea (20 mins.)
- Hawi (1:10 mins)
Pu’u Huluhulu Cinder Cone Parking Lot
Please plan to meet your guide at the Pu’u Huluhulu Cinder Cone parking lot. It is just before mile marker 28 on the left-hand (south) side of Saddle Road (Hwy.200). Adjacent to the Mauna Kea Summit Access Road. Plan to be there 15 minutes prior to departure. It is a 1-hour drive from Hilo.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT leave belongings in your car and lock up after parking. Park on either side of the parking lot and out of the way. There will be bathrooms available 10 minutes after the Van picks you up.
Be sure to leave Hilo with a full tank of gas, as there are no services on the Saddle Road. Look for our bronze-colored 14-passenger 4WD van that says Mauna Kea Summit Adventures on the side.
Please leave your cell phone turned on in case we should need to reach you. There is cell service on most parts of the road. If you have any questions, please call (808) 322-2366
NOTE: Due to changing rules; We will no longer pick up passengers at the Mauna Kea Visitor Center (as of 8/17/22). DO NOT drive up the Mauna Kea Summit Access Road to the visitor center.